- Topics & Events
- Items of Interest
- Visitor Information
- Plans & Documents
- Contact Information
|Engage your community - connect to news, events and information you care about. More information here|
The City of McCall, Idaho Welcomes You!
Our goal is to provide you with helpful information about McCall's City government. If you need additional information, please contact us by phone, email or postal mail. The City Manager, Gene Drabinski, has an Open Door session most Wednesdays from Noon-3:00 pm.
Possible Additional 1% Sales Tax
The City of McCall will conclude the improvements started last fall on Park Street, between 1st Street and Mission Street. This summer's work beginning in mid-May, includes new road surface, new fire hydrants, improved fire protection, paved driveway aprons, stormwater drainage improvements, paving of the roadway, and installation of bike/pedestrian lanes and moving utilities underground on the north side of the street. The City of McCall received $100,000 for this project from the Local Highway Technical Assistance Council through their Local Rural Highway Investment Program. READ MORE
WILDFIRE WATCH 2014—View the interactive wildfire watch map.
To see active fire reports, click the icons on the map.
The City of McCall Public Library seeks an organized, energetic individual to fill the position of Library Director. The ideal candidate will set the tone for the organization by conducting all personal and professional interactions openly, honestly and ethically. The incoming Library Director must be willing to become an invested, active, and visible member of the community. The primary function of the Library Director is to perform a variety of complex administrative, supervisory, and professional librarian duties, including knowledge of library specific software and computer programs. The Library Director is responsible for the planning and organization of all programs and services offered by the City’s library system. Direct and indirect supervision is exercised over the work of all library staff members and volunteers.
Please see our Library Director Recruitment Brochure for more information regarding this rewarding position with the City of McCall.
McCall Area Trails
The City GIS Department has been working with our local community groups and the US Forest Service to produce high quality digital maps that can be downloaded to your mobile device and used to navigate some of the McCall Area trails.
There are currently three maps for download:
Bear Basin Summer Trails
Bear Basin Winter Trails
City of McCall Mobile Golf Course map
These maps can be downloaded from Avenzoar PDF maps either through the Apple App Store or from Google Play for Android. For more information, CLICK HERE to go to the GIS Page for full descriptions of the maps and how to instructions for downloading.
McCall In Bloom 2014 Now Accepting Participants!
The McCall Improvement Committee invites you to participate in the McCall in Bloom program. Help make McCall an even better place to live and work by participating in this fun community beautification program.
Click here for more information and find us on Facebook
Purchase a Centennial Plaza brick in memory of, or in honor of someone special to you. Centennial Plaza is a place to honor and reflect upon people, businesses and events that have shaped McCall’s first hundred years. Purchasing an engraved brick is a unique way to celebrate birthdays, holidays, someone special to you, and McCall’s Centennial. Your brick will become a permanent part of the new Centennial Plaza in downtown McCall. Bricks can be purchased by families, individuals, businesses, groups, organizations, and anyone who wishes to be a part of McCall.
There is been increased bear activity within the McCall this past year. Click here to learn more about the situation and what action you should take. If we all work together, everyone wins: the McCall's citizens and black bears.
- City Code (Sterling Codifiers)
- City Council Agendas and Packets
- Monthly Public Meeting Schedule
- City Budget and Financial Reports
- Open Letter To City Of McCall Property Tax Payers
- Local Option Tax Funding Application and Information
- Green Building Information
- McCall Centennial Committee
- City of McCall/PLRWSD Wastewater Technical Advisory Group
- Openings on City Commissions, Boards and Committees
- 2013 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
- Utility Bill Payments Are Now Being Accepted Via the Web
- Continuous Utility Billing - Frequently Asked Questions
What Would You Like to Know about McCall?
- About McCall, Idaho
McCall is a year around resort community in Idaho’s west central mountains. It is situated on the southern shore of Payette Lake at 5,021 feet elevation. As of the 2010 Census, the population was 2,991. With the highest average snowfall in the state, McCall is known in the winter, for its Winter Carnival, snowmobiling, and alpine, Nordic and backcountry skiing. Summer boasts warm, sunny days and cool nights. Payette Lake in the summer is host to both motorized and non-motorized watercraft, and public and private beaches and docks. In and around McCall are numerous hiking and mountain biking trails, as well as five golf courses in the area. The north fork of the Payette River flows through McCall on its way to becoming a playground for kayakers with world-class whitewater, thrilling by paddlers from around the world. Summer is a busy season in McCall with music, art festivals and relaxing lakeside.
- More about McCall, courtesy of Wikipedia) - Geography, history, demographics, notable citizens, and more. External link.
- McCall Area Chamber of Commerce
- Brundage Mountain Ski Resort
- Mountain Community Transit - McCall Transit - Treasure Valley Transit - Local, free bus service in the McCall area.
- Road Atlas for the City of McCall and Impact Area
Interactive Map WEB GISCheck out the new city of McCall Web GIS. Features include parcel boundaries and associated information as well as the City’s zoning layers, addresses, City pathways and parks.
- Current Weather: National Weather Service current conditions and forecast for the McCall and west central mountain areas.
Plans and Planning Documents
- Downtown Master Plan
- Downtown Master Plan Appendices
- McCall’s Multimodal Transit Center Location Analysis
McCall Area Pathways Master Plan
- McCall Comprehensive Plan
- Complete Streets Policy
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- McCall Business Park Final Report
- McCall Historic Preservation Plan
- 2007 McCall Improvement Committee Action Plan
- Downtown Parking and Needs Assessment Final Report
- Downtown Master Plan 1997
- Final Airport Master Plan Update, Sept. 2007 (Large file)
- Airport Master Plan Update 2006 Information
- Airport Master Plan Executive Summary
EPA Smart Growth Grant Final Report
Cover and Table of Contents Introduction, Background, Charge to Team, Context and Inputs Products, Lardo Study Area Products, West Valley Study Area Products, Nonmotorized Pathway System Environmental Outcomes and Next Steps Appendices
Contact UsCity of McCall
216 East Park St.
McCall, Idaho 83638
Hours 8am-5pm Mon-Fri
Please refer to specific department pages for individual staff or service-related contact information.
Your Feedback: Contact the City Manager directly, 208 634-1003, or by email, email@example.com about your experiences with City staff and services. Be sure to include your contact information, so we can effectively respond to your needs and concerns.